Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Couldn't believe the two boat names, moored together...

Hi all... I couldn't believe it today... I'd turned up on this callow at 8.00am for a cutter who didn't show... He got there at 13.15, (Irish-time), and I left the callow at 20.45pm, and as I was turning my car round in this little corner of a marina (my first car was a marina.... and I want a boat... fancy that...), I spied a boat-name.. As I approached it I noticed the name of the boat behind....

Tune in over the next few days, and join in with the exciting new "Thrown or Mown" debate, in which the public will be allowed to discuss the benefits, aerodynamics, likelihood of survival and other related topics, related to why and how far can you throw a frog..... Don't get too upset, it's not dwarf throwing, it's not for profit, (and hey, when they cracked down on dwarf-throwing, a lot of dwarfs lost their proffession....). So, I'll add that link later but for now....

Fancy finding two little (none-seaworthy-little-river-boats), on my 13 hour stint on a meadow, moored together with these two names.... and does it mean something wierd. I'd like to add..... strangely, I emailed the Shetland Biological Record Centre Manager today.. after at least a year of none-communication to ask him if he'd be a referee for me... weirder and weirder?

Slainté till frog-link,

Got to get up at 7.00am for crake-cutters... I may even add a carnage link for those that want to see cut-up frogs, leverets, rails, etc., and pictures of nice little tractors, with nice little cutters, as opposed to great big nasty tractors with huge great meadow swallowing-mashing-ripping-chopping-turning-chopping-some-more-conditioning-blades..... But I might not...

Slainté,

Davy


2 Comments:

Blogger simon said...

Makes me want to be back in Yell!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Davy said...

Me too.... I've been in contact with the Shetland Biological Record Centre today, seeking references and news, and couldn't help asking about one certain bird... It might sound crazy, but I can ask a bloke on an island in the middle of the north sea, how one particular bird in the whole great bird colony of shetland is doing.... and get a reply...

It was a small falcon that I once knew. It's mate died, on the nest. That year was a bad year, we monitored around 15-20 merlin nests and they all did bad, raised a maximum of two chicks. This fella got red-cross food parcels because he couldn't get off the chicks to hunt whilst they were pink and naked. Then these daft crossbills came to Shetland, and when I say daft... one landed on my shoulder... They'd never even heard of merlins. He turned his hillside orange and green with their feathers. He raised all FIVE of his little pinkies... Love him!

Davy

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home