Saturday, March 17, 2007

Barn Owl Project, Ireland


Hello everybody. I’m very pleased to announce the Irish Barn Owl Conservation Project is under new management as of 1st April. I have been informed today, that my application for the position has been successful. The former project officer is beginning a Ph.D. study of the factors which are contributing to the decline of this species in Ireland. I shall be seeking volunteers throughout Ireland to contribute to a full national census, as well as welcoming individual sitings. First indications appear to show a decline of 75% or thereabouts over the last ten years. I will give more precise figures as they become available.

Should anyone require any advice on Barn Owls, please feel free to contact me on my personal email address at emailwatson@yahoo.co.uk. Or at BirdWatch Ireland. In the meantime here’s a picture of one, borrowed from Flikr photo’s. I’d also like to take the opportunity to wish everyone a “Happy Saint Patricks Day”!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Crimbo said...

Woohoo!!

Well done Dave, i alway's said you were a bit barny!!!
LOL

5:39 PM  
Blogger Davy said...

Nice one Crimbo, you were the first here mate, Fair Play!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Maalie said...

I hope you find some very pretty volunteers!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Davy said...

Me too! I've already got one that wants to meet for a coffee... Calls herself "Starling"... She's just reported an active site for me in Killkenny.

9:45 AM  
Blogger TCA said...

FAMTASTIC picture!

w

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home