Friday, November 03, 2006

A Stonechat Day, at last...

My favourite sort of day is the kind of day that includes a Stonechat. Whether I'm at the beach, at a stone-circle, on the river, the day is always better if it includes a Stonechat.


I'm out again, visiting farmers and getting out and about around the river. Today was a Stonechat Day! The day started crisp and frosty, was followed by tea, cake, sandwiches, more tea, a rest from tea down at the river where the reflections in the still waters were beautiful.

The day ended with a beautiful sunset over the drowned callows of Bullock Island. That's the kind of day I love.
Tomorrow I'll be out doing my first winter-bird count. Hopefully, I'll be up and about at 9.00am whilst the frost is still out and the birds are reluctant to move. I'd go out earlier, but I don't want the sun on the horizon when I'm using a telescope. I hope to have more photos for you soon. Thanks for waiting fans.... lol.

5 Comments:

Blogger Maalie said...

Did you actually SEE a Stonechat?

1:18 PM  
Blogger simon said...

these are great photos mate really? how are you? you were quiet for a while!

2:39 PM  
Blogger simon said...

sorry ? should be !

2:39 PM  
Blogger Davy said...

Jim, look at the top photo... click to enlarge?

Simon,
I've been busy doing other fun things, but I'll be better in the furure honest...

10:26 AM  
Blogger Maalie said...

Oh, yes, brilliant. A fantastic contextual shot which demonstrates the habitat rather than the bird ;-)

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home